When the power goes out in an emergency, darkness can come fast – not just at night, but inside your home or in any building with little natural lighting. While your eyes can adjust to the darkness to some extent, trying to deal with medical emergencies or assess your situation in the dark can be extremely challenging and even dangerous. The solution is to bring a light to the darkness by adding a the brightest rechargeable flashlight you can find to your emergency preparation kit.
Having a powerful rechargeable flashlight in your emergency kit is essential to preparing for any disaster (pandemic, tornado, hurricane, power outage, winter storm, nuclear disaster). In fact, you would do well to keep multiple flashlights throughout your home and vehicle so that you are always prepared in the event of a power outage. In order to help you identify the best flashlight for your emergency kit, we will cover the different options for powering portable flashlights and review the ROMER 6000-lumen CREE Tactical Spotlight, one of the brightest rechargeable flashlights currently available.
Rechargeable vs. Battery-powered Flashlights
Flashlights can be divided into those that use a reusable, and often non-replaceable, battery versus those that use disposable alkaline or lithium batteries. Both options offer advantages and disadvantages for the emergency prepper.
Rechargeable flashlights are typically charged via a USB port, which offers versatility in how you can charge the light. This is especially helpful if you keep a rechargeable battery pack in your emergency kit, which can then be used to power not only your flashlight but also other small electronics like your phone or a rechargeable emergency radio.
However, the rechargeable batteries in these flashlights do have a limited lifespan, and they are often not replaceable once the battery’s life is exhausted.
Battery-powered flashlights, on the other hand, are simple to replenish because they simply require keeping a stash of disposable batteries in your emergency kit – which can also be a good bartering tool in an extended emergency.
However, when opting for a battery-powered flashlight, keep in mind that if you ever do run out of spare batteries, your flashlight will be rendered useless. For this reason, a rechargeable flashlight is often the best option for an emergency preparation kit.
ROMER 6000-lumen CREE Tactical Spotlight
- A HIGH-POWERFUL LIGHT WHERE YOU NEED IT MOST. Ultra-bright 35 Watt LED light with 2 brightness modes: High (6,000 lumens), Low (1000 lumens). At 6,000 lumens, it’s significantly brighter than many...
- HIGH QUENITY MATERIAL & Waterproof: This flashlight is made of high intensity engineering ABS plastic, comes with fully enclosed structure,explosion proof, dust proof and shock proof.IPX5 waterproof...
- POWER - UP TO 20 HOURS. Stop searching for batteries that are never there when you need them. This spotlight is made with a long-lasting, rechargeable 4.3 volt 18,500 Lithium-Ion battery with serious...
- SO LIGHTWEIGHT& COMPACT with ADJUSTABLE STRAP AND YOU CAN TAKE IT ANYWHERE. This Handheld Flashlight weighs less than 1 pound( 15oz) and measures just 9in long and 5in wide, together with our shoulder...
- IMPORTANT: There is an ongoing soldering issue that prevents a small percentage of spotlights from working properly. We have managed to reduce the rate of these faulty units considerably, but not yet...
One of the brightest rechargeable flashlights that you can add to your emergency preparation kit is the 6000-lumen CREE Tactical Spotlight offered by ROMER.
This ultra-bright spotlight throws an 800-meter beam in its high power output mode – on par with competing portable spotlights – giving you the ability to spot objects in the dark far in the distance.
This is particularly useful when you are searching for something at close range, since it drastically brightens the area around you.
The flashlight also has a low power output mode, for when you want to save battery and don’t need quite as much throw to the light, that still illuminates up to 400 meters ahead of you.
Although the lightbulb itself is not replaceable, the LED should last for years of use – so you can count on it to function in an extended emergency situation.
Long Battery Life
What sets ROMER’s flashlight apart from competitors, aside from the 6000-lumen LED light, is the massive rechargeable battery house inside the flashlight.
Whereas comparable rechargeable flashlights will run for only six hours on full power or 12-18 hours on low power, ROMER’s flashlight boasts 8 hours of light in the high power output mode and 24 hours of light in the low power mode.
The secret to this long-lasting light is the 9,000-mAh battery, which can be charged by USB and also serve as a portable battery to charge other USB-powered devices.
The flashlight itself is lightweight and compact, measuring 7.67 inches long with a four-inch diameter covering over the bulb, which makes it easy to carry with you in a pack when it is not in use.
Most of the weight (1.2 pounds) comes from the internal battery itself so that keeping the flashlight raised by the ergonomic handle will not leave your arm tired out.
Another advantage of this flashlight, which puts it on par with flashlights that cost twice as much, is the durable construction. The flashlight housing is constructed from ABS plastic and sealed to be completely waterproof and dustproof and safe to drop.
Although the on/off switch is the weakest point, the flashlight stands up to rough handling when using it for hiking, hunting, or clambering around at home. In addition, ROMER offers a 12-month warranty on the flashlight in case you notice any problems with it when using it ahead of an emergency.
Finally, unlike most other flashlights, this model comes with the small accessories that make a big difference. The package includes a shoulder strap to easily carry the flashlight outside of your pack, as well as a charging cable that can be used to charge the flashlight itself or to use the flashlight as an external battery to charge other devices.
The flashlight also comes with two miniature USB lights, which can be used to make yourself or your gear visible in the dark.
brightest rechargeable flashlight for your Prepper Kit!
Having a high-powered rechargeable flashlight in your emergency preparation kit is essential to being able to sort through your survival gear in the dark, navigate your surroundings and solve problems like medical emergencies, and even hunt for food at night.
The 6000-lumen CREE Tactical Spotlight from ROMER is one of the brightest rechargeable flashlights that you can add to your emergency stash thanks to the practical design considerations it offers and its value relative to competing flashlights.
The massive 9000-mAh battery can power the light for up to 24 hours in low-power mode and, critically, can serve as an external battery pack to charge your other devices when you are not using the flashlight.
In addition, the ABS plastic construction is waterproof, dustproof, and safe to drop, while the LED light offers years of life, so you don’t have to worry about breaking your flashlight during an extended emergency.
For these reasons, this flashlight from ROMER is one of the brightest rechargeable flashlights that Preppers can add to their emergency survival kits.
If you are looking for something smaller and more tactical - consider this great tactical LED flashlight as a solid go-to option for Preppers.
Other Bright LED Flashlights to Consider!
- SUPER-BRIGHT: 900-lumen (max) Cree LED sweeps bright light over the length of about two football fields (660 ft / 200 m) and reaches nearly 1000 ft. Fully zoomable from wide to narrow beam. Features 5...
- LONG-LASTING: Up to 6 hours (Medium-beam mode) of powerful, non-diminishing brightness from the included premium rechargeable 3350mAh battery. LEDs boast an extended 50000-hour lifespan. Recharge in...
- TOUGH & RELIABLE: IPX5-rated water resistant and designed for use in heavy rain. Its durable aluminum body and shock-resistance endure rough handling.
- SMART DESIGN: A pocket-friendly compact chassis with an anti-slip finish holds fast in your hand or stands on-end as an emergency lamp.
- WHAT YOU GET: Anker Bolder LC90 Flashlight, 18650 3350mAh rechargeable battery, Micro USB cable, wrist strap, welcome guide, and our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
- BIGGEST & BRIGHTEST - The S2000 is the biggest and brightest GearLight on the market. With a solid build and blinding brightness, the S2000 delivers up to 1200 real lumens. This mid-size flashlight is...
- SUPER BRIGHT WIDE BEAM - Ultra wide beam effortlessly illuminates a whole room or backyard. It is 20 times brighter than old incandescent lights and has double the lumen output of the popular As Seen...
- ZOOMABLE & 5 MODES: Focus in on objects up to 1000 feet away or zoom out to sweep a large area. 5 settings replace the need for multiple flashlights: (High|Medium|Low|Strobe|SOS). Makes for a...
- WATER RESISTANT & DURABLE: Rain and snow will roll right off the all-weather aluminum body. Designed to be virtually indestructible, this flashlight can survive a 10-foot drop or being temporary...
- ONE-YEAR RETURN POLICY - Buy with confidence. You have a full year to put this flashlight to the test and through its paces. Every purchase comes with an extended one-year return policy and friendly...
- High quality high lumens super bright tactical led flashlight :100% Original XM L2 LED chip which is improted from Los Angeles,US,20% brighter than xml T6.The high mode will last 6 hours,weak mode...
- USB rechargeable tactical waterproof flashlight :Push/pull the head,you will find a 3.5mm charging port,put the battery in the torch,connect the USB cable with USB device to get the battery powered .
- Portable zoomable adjustable handheld big tactical flashlight for emergency outdoor travel camping hiking:Push/pull the head to adjust the focus,spot light and floot light for different using.Press...
- More charging methods of tactical flashlight:Support standard 18650 battery or AAA battery( AAA battery is not included) and AC wall charge .We offer 1pcs 5000mAh rechargeable battery,the power is 2...
- Phixton Service: We are 24 hours online .Please feel free to contact us if there is anything wrong with the product. We are providing high quality products and the best service as our aims.Wish you...