Whether you’re headed out into the wilderness for an adventure, stocking your emergency preparation kit, or looking for every day carry - having one of the best paracord bracelets on hand can make a big difference in your ability to deal with unplanned situations.
Paracord bracelets are woven rings of high-strength nylon – the same durable material that is used to attach a parachute to its owner. Their strength means that they are adaptable to be used in nearly any situation that requires rope, while paracord is also small and lightweight so it will not weigh you down or get in your way.
Plus, paracord bracelets are designed to be worn around your wrist, so you can keep one on hand at all times and forget about it until you need it.
Choosing the best paracord bracelet from the many on the market can be a tricky choice. Since this is an important survival tool for when your plans in the backcountry change suddenly or an emergency strikes at home, you want to be sure that the bracelet you choose can take on whatever application you put it towards.
You could make your own bracelet with these paracord weaves, but why not check out the premade ones that offer additional accessories. In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about choosing paracord bracelets and highlight five of the best survival bracelets out there today.
Paracord Bracelet Features
The first consideration when choosing a paracord bracelet is what material it is made from.
Paracord varies in breaking strength – a higher breaking strength means that you can use it for more heavy-duty applications without risking the cord tearing unexpectedly.
The best survival bracelets are made out of premium 550 paracord, which has a load capacity of up to 550 pounds. Cheaper bracelets may be woven from 400 paracord, which is slightly lighter but significantly less durable under tension.
Another important thing to consider when choosing among paracord bracelets is the total length of the cord once the bracelet is unwoven.
While most paracord bracelets are at least 10 feet long when fully unraveled, some bracelets offer as much as 20 feet of paracord.
Although longer paracord bracelets will also be heavier, the difference in weight is typically minimal relative to a full pack and having a longer cord will allow you much more flexibility when you need to use it.
Some of the best paracord bracelets have gone above and beyond weaving only paracord – they actually include additional survival accessories woven into the bracelet.
For example, some paracord bracelets have a small compass held in place by the woven strands, while others have emergency whistles or magnesium fire starters.
These accessories can be excellent additions if you do not carry them otherwise or have them in your survival kit, but can add unnecessary weight if they are duplicates within your kit.
The price of paracord bracelets is primarily a function of cord length and the presence of accessories, assuming you opt for a high-strength 550 paracord nylon as the material.
Although paracord bracelets are more expensive than buying unwoven paracord, even the best survival bracelets are inexpensive compared to most other components of your backpacking or survival kits.
Best Survival Paracord Bracelet
Diroca Outdoor Paracord Bracelet Survival Gear
- HEAVY DUTY: 550 Reflective Paracord, Made of military grade, high quality, ultra strong 7-strand 550lb paracord. Whistle, Knife and Compass are Corrosion Resistance and Anti-Aging Resistance.
- A MUST HAVE CAMPING GEAR FOR EVERY ONE: Feel Safe by keeping the Emergency Essentials in One Survival Kit. Great gift for Outdoor Adventurers, Military Personnel, Campers, Hikers, Hunters or even...
- VERSATILE 19 in 1: Suitable & adjustable for wrist sizes that measure between 7-9 inches - High Quality & Tested Compass, 550 Reflective Paracord Bracelet Waving (7 inner strands) 11 - 12 ft, Extra...
- LONGEST CONTINUOUS LENGTH! if you are serious about survival use, you want your Paracord Bracelet to be one color so you have the longest continuous length of cord.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: We stand behind everything we sell. Order now with peace of mind due to our Life Time Guarantee. Buy quality.
This paracord bracelet from Diroca Outdoor packs a ton of accessories into their bracelet inside the weave.
Where this bracelet differs from competitors is that it also features a number of tools cleverly built into the exterior of the bracelet.
In addition to a compass in the center of the weave, you’ll find an emergency whistle, miniature knife, and fire starter around the outside of the bracelet so that you can use these without unraveling the cord.
The knife does double-duty, as it can be used to both strike the fire starter to create a spark and to cut the cord into shorter sections after it is unraveled.
Within the weave, you’ll find the tools you need to build two separate emergency fishing kits – two 10-foot fishing lines, two bobbers, two sinkers, and two hooks – as well as tinder for helping to start a fire and alcohol pads for use in first aid. Of course you could always have a fishing kit handy - but why not keep it hidden in your bracelet!
The paracord unfurls to a total length of 11.5 feet. The bracelet itself is one-size-fits-all and is designed for people with wrist diameters from seven to nine inches.
Word of caution, with fishhooks, fire starters, and a miniature knife - I would NOT try to bring this on an airplane to be safe.
Best Every Day Carry (EDC)
The Friendly Swede Trilobite Paracord Bracelet
- STYLISH: Cool paracord bracelet for men, women and youth made of high-quality 550 lb paracord with stainless steel bow shackle. Not only useful for survival and emergency situations - it looks great,...
- EXTRA BEEFY: Your new paracord bracelet is 1.2” broad, extra beefy, trilobite braided. Paracord disassembled length approximately 13.1 ft (4 m). Three sizes available - measure your wrist and select...
- ADJUSTABLE SIZE: This bracelet is available in three sizes (wrist circumference 6”-7”; 7”-8”; 8.5”-9.8”). With the bow shackle you can adjust the size and fine tune it to fit you...
- POLYESTER PARACORD & SPARE PIN: Our paracord is made of polyester for extra durability and better performance when wet. This makes it the perfect EDC Gear. Also, since the emergency bracelet comes...
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - RISK FREE SHOPPING: To back it all up, we are offering our Friendly Lifetime Warranty for this everyday carry bracelet. Our World Class customer service team is here for you every...
The Friendly Swede paracord bracelet was designed with style as well as versatility in mind.
The bracelet is made from beefy 550 paracord, but rather than using nylon this bracelet is actually made of polyester to improve performance when wet.
The durability of the cord is backed by The Friendly Swede’s lifetime warranty. When unfurled, it expands out to a total length of about 11.5 feet.
One of the nicest features of this bracelet, which makes it stylish enough to wear as part of your daily life as well as out in the wilderness, is the stainless steel buckle.
This buckle uses a screw-in pin rather than a standard clasp, which takes a little bit of work to screw on and off but is essentially unbreakable. The bracelet comes with one spare screw pin and The Friendly Swede also sells inexpensive replacement screws in case the screw gets lost.
The bracelet comes in a variety of sizes and colors, allowing you to choose your style and achieve a perfect fit for both men and women with different wrist diameters.
In addition, the buckle has multiple holes for the screw pin, so it is possible to adjust the diameter of the bracelet a little bit to fine-tune the fit to your wrist
The price of this bracelet is on par with other paracord bracelets. However, when you consider the length and lack of accessories beyond the buckle, the effective price for what you are getting as a survival tool is higher.
That said, the best paracord bracelet is the one that you will actually wear, so it is important not to discount that style matters to some extent.
Tons of Gear
Last Man Ultimate Survival Paracord Kit Bracelet
- PREMIUM 16 piece survival kit CONTAINED INSIDE of corba woven paracord bracelet
- PICK YOUR COLOR AND STYLE: A varitey of colors available WITH and WITHOUT COMPASS
- PICK YOUR SIZE: Large bracelet fits wrists of 7-8.5 inches comfortably. Small bracelet fits wrists of 6-7.5 inches comfortably.
- FEEL CONFIDENT: The Ultimate Paracord Survival Kit Bracelet by LAST MAN gives you the resources you need to improvise in any survival situation. BUY NOW and be confident, wherever you go, with LAST...
- PLEASE NOTE: THE SURVIVAL KIT IS CONTAINED INSIDE OF THE BRACELET AND WILL NOT BE RECEIVED AS A SEPARATE ITEM
If you’re looking for a whole survival kit in addition to a paracord bracelet, this self-contained kit from Last Man may be exactly what you need.
The bracelet is much more than meets the eye – it houses a suite of tools contained inside the weave of the paracord.
The available tools include everything you need to start a fire, from a ferrocerium rod to dried grass for tinder. Plus, you’ll find the pieces you need for an emergency fishing kit inside the bracelet, complete with a 30-foot fishing line, two bobbers, two sinkers, and two different fishing hooks.
Most versions of the bracelet also have a miniature compass woven into the outside of the bracelet so that you can read it without unraveling the cord. For the price, the number and usefulness of the tools included inside the bracelet make this a great bargain for wilderness emergency preparation.
The bracelet itself is made out of 550 paracord nylon and expands to a total length of 12 feet when unraveled. Although it comes in a variety of colors, it is only available in three sizes and is not further adjustable.
The clasp on the bracelet is a simple plastic bar that can be easily wrapped into the nylon weave, which is extremely durable if not necessarily the most stylish or comfortable.
As with others mentioned - one of the main downsides to this bracelet is that because it contains a whole survival kit within it, don’t expect to be able to travel on planes with it – the fire starter and fishing hooks are highly likely to get flagged by airport security.
Two for One
The Friendly Swede Paracord Survival Bracelets (Set of 2)
- SET OF 2 STYLISH PARACORD BRACELETS: In this pack you get 2 stylish bracelets for men, women and youth made of high-quality Paracord.
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: Wear your new bracelet in your everyday life and if needed, unravel and put the 550lb paracord to use in survival and emergency situations.
- EASY-TO-OPEN CLASP: Available in 2 different sizes (Small for 6-7” and Medium for 7-8” wrist circumference respectively). The sturdy plastic buckle is much easier to open and close than other...
- POLYESTER PARACORD: Our 550lb paracord is made of polyester, preferred for its increased durability and better performance when wet.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY + RISK-FREE SHOPPING: To back it all up, we are offering our Friendly Lifetime Warranty on these bracelets. Our World Class customer service team is here for you every day of the...
This paracord bracelet option from The Friendly Swede is far less expensive than their other bracelet in this review, the Trilobite.
For less than the cost of that single bracelet, this bracelet model comes as a set of two – meaning you’ll have a second bracelet in case you unravel one to use it, or that you can equip your hiking partner with a bracelet for extra preparedness.
Plus, the bracelets are each lighter weight than the Trilobite. Rather than use the polyester weave found in that model, these bracelets are made from the standard nylon 550 paracord used in most survival bracelets.
The bracelets are available in two sizes depending on the size of your wrist, but note that the different diameter bracelets have different total lengths when unraveled.
The smaller 8-inch diameter bracelet has a total length of 11.8 feet, while the 9-inch diameter bracelet has a total length of 13.1 feet.
These bracelets are narrower and less adjustable on length than the Trilobite, however, so you will likely want to size true to your wrist for comfort rather than opt for the larger size because of the added length.
The bracelet is held together with a plastic clasp which, while made from plastic, is durable enough to be very difficult to accidentally crack or break.
If you’re just looking for a paracord bracelet without the bells and whistles of weaved-in survival accessories, and don’t care about having a stylish bracelet to wear day in and day out, it’s hard to beat this set of bracelets on price.
They are hardly more expensive than purchasing loose paracord, but with the benefit that these can be worn on your wrist rather than take up space in your backpack.
Simple Every Day Carry Paracord Bracelet
First Strike Tactical Spark Bracelet
This survival bracelet from First Strike Tactical sets itself apart by including a striker and rod for producing a spark built right into the clasp buckle. These work very well for producing sparks, and unlike the Last Man bracelet with the fire starting materials built inside the weave, you can use the fire starter on this bracelet without unraveling the cord.
Plus, the buckle has an emergency whistle built in for added utility in an emergency. The bracelet itself uses high-quality 550 paracord nylon and will unravel to a total length of nine feet. In addition, the metal striker can double as a utility knife to cut the cord into sections as needed.
One of the factors that sets First Strike Tactical apart from their competitors is that the company not only offers a lifetime guarantee on their paracord, but also offers free replacement of the paracord bracelet if you unravel it to use it in an emergency – simply send in what’s left of the cord and buckle.
This makes the competitive price even more of a bargain, since buying one of these bracelets essentially means you will have it for life even if you do use it.
The only downside to this bracelet is that it only comes in one size. While it is rated for people with wrists between seven and nine inches in diameter, the one-size-fits-all model means that if you have a smaller wrist the bracelet will hang loosely rather than comfortably snug.
Paracord Bracelets are Essential for Preppers!
Carrying paracord on your wrist (or even clipped to your bag), where you’ll never forget or lose it, is one of the best ways you can prepare for an emergency in the backcountry.
The best paracord bracelet is lightweight, provides plenty of cordage to deal with any emergency situation, comes pre-loaded with some of the additional tools you’ll need in an emergency, and is stylish enough that you won’t take it off your wrist and forget it.
Every Day Carry tools like Paracord Bracelets can help when things get ugly (like Hurricane and the aftermath, Tornado and the aftermath, When the power goes down, During a pandemic, Nuclear disasters, etc.). Having a quality paracord bracelet on you for EDC means that when disaster strikes, you are already prepared!