When you are out and about and find yourself in an emergency, a handy credit card multi tool can be the perfect tool to get you out of a pinch! The best credit card multi tool options are sturdy and have multiple functions included. Best of all, these credit card multitools can all fit in your wallet for EDC or your bug out bag as a great backup!
Credit Card Multi Tool and Credit Card Knife
Materials and Thickness
Typically credit card multi tools are made of a durable material – like stainless steel. Having a durable material gives the tools the strength to open bottles or even work on screws. In order to fit within a wallet, credit card multi tools are credit card size and typically less than 2.0 millimetres thick. The larger multitools are around 2 stacked credit cards thick, while some may come on the thinner end.
Credit card knives are very similar to the multitool and come in a standard credit card size, with many being around 2.0 millimetres thick. The blades we would recommend are made of stainless steel and have a plastic handle that you build around the blade when you take it apart.
Some of the top functions of the top tools include
- knife blades,
- saw blades,
- bottle openers,
- screw drivers,
- measuring edges,
- can opener,
- wrench sets, and many others.
The Best Credit Card Multi Tool Options
Wallet Ninja Multitool
- World's First 100% Flat Multi Tool (18 in 1) and fits in your wallet with credit cards
- Made from 4x heat treated steel
- Great for: Repairmen, mechanics, carpenters, hobbyists, boat owners, campers
- Lifetime guarantee to never rust, bend, or dull
An all-around great choice, we love this multitool! Made of solid heat-treated steel – the Ninja Multitool is a great option for most any application. With no movable parts, this mutiltool has clear labels to help you find the perfect application when you are in a pinch.
At 1.5 millimetres, this multitool is a bit thinner than some and comes with a lifetime guarantee to never rust, bend or dull. Main functions include – bottle opener, box cutter, can opener, cellphone stand, eyeglass screwdriver, fruit peeler, hex wrenches, ruler, and nail puller.
Victorinox Swisscard Lite Pocket Tool
- New LED mini white light; 18,000 MCD
- Reddot design award winner 2004 for design quality, innovation in form and function
- 13 tools include: Letter opener/blade, scissors, rulers, tweezers
- Special features include magnifying glass, straight pin, pressurized ball point pen and Phillips screwdrivers
- Precision crafted in Switzerland; lifetime warranty
A true multitool – the Victorinox Swisscard is a self-contained mini tool kit! Instead of being made of a solid piece of steel, this multitool is a bit thicker at 0.2 inches, but includes multiple tools that you can pull out and are fully functional.
Tools include - emergency blade (letter opener), scissors, magnifying glass, screwdriver 3 mm, screwdriver 5 mm, Phillips screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver, tweezers, pressurized ballpoint pen pin, stainless steel, LED, ruler (both cm and inches).
This tool is great for those looking to keep an EDC credit card multitool but don’t want to skimp on features or quality.
37 in 1 EDC Credit Card Multitool
- 🔴 WHAT A MAN WANTS❗️The best gift for men it has to have tools, to be interesting, to provoke his mind and to come handy in any unexpected situation.❗WHAT WE OFFER❗️The 37 tools to...
- 🔴 ALL IN ONE TOOL❗️Thanks to SMART RSQ smart patent design, you can use it whenever, wherever the situation demands it (to screw things in, tighten bolts, cut line, strip cords, peel fruits and...
- 🔴 MADE TO LAST❗️37-in-1 EDC Multipurpose Tool is made from the toughest Stainless Steel 316, is credit card-sized & lightweight, easily accessible from your wallet.❗️BEST...
- 🔴 PERFECT FOR ANY OCCASION❗️Best gift-set to have or to give💡37-in-1 Wallet Tool Card - Black Edition v2.1 + Sleeve Cover + Firestarter + Emergency Whistle + Money Clip + Carabiner + Keyring...
- 🔴 WE HELP YOU MORE in you are a DIY project lover❗️Go on amazon.com/smartRSQ to get an offer for Heavy Duty Cable Cutters (7.5"), Stainless Steel Cable (170ft/400ft), Cable Crimping Tool (14"),...
If you are looking for a sturdy stainless steel credit card multi tool similar to the Ninja, but want a bit more than this EDC tool may be your best option. In addition to the functions of the Ninja, this multitool includes a sizable blade and saw for better cutting.
It comes with a few other items (money clip, fire starter, whistle, and carabiner) but personally I would just buy it for the multitool and view the other items as bonus.
Main features include - Knife Edge & Saw Blade, Can & Bottle Opener, 2 Rulers & Right Triangle, Smartphone Stand & Nail Puller, Cable Bender & Peeler, Multiple Screwdrivers and Wrench Sizes, Lanyard & Nail File, Fruit & Veg Peeler, Letter and Box Opener.
Buspoll Tiny Survival Card
- Includes: 1 multi-function mini knife and spear tip / 1 mini finger drill / 3 sewing needles / 2 small fishing hooks / 2 medium fishing hooks / 2 double finishing hooks / 1 mini button / fishing bait...
- Carry anytime, anywhere: Credit card size: wallet, pocket, life bag, glove box, wallet, mail bag
- The world's smallest life-saving kit, with a mini life-saving guide and a 18-in-1 life-saving card with a pluggable function, a survival card in a wallet or pocket can save your life! EDC wallet size...
- Survival tool card gift concept: suitable for ladies, men, dads, fathers, child survival equipment, fishing hunting survival kits, ration equipment, emergency survival kits, hunting travel tools,...
- People who need this kind of fun: camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, geographic cashing, so if you are a camper, fisherman, hunter, hiker. Then, this product is for you.
For anyone looking for a credit card multitool that is more about survival, then this is your perfection option. Instead of being a handy tool that you can pull out conveniently to open a can – this tool comes fully equipped with loads of survival gear!
Main features include - multi-function mini knife and spear tip, mini finger drill, sewing needles, small fishing hooks, medium fishing hooks, double finishing hooks, mini button, fishing bait, mini fish hooks, harpoons, double blade medium fine saw, and finally a set of mini tweezers.
Consider keeping the Buspoll survival card in your EDC pack as a great option for when SHTF or you get lost in the woods.
Garberiel Credit Card Knife 10 Pack
- Handle Material: Polypropylene; Cutter body: Stainless Steel.
- SAFETY - Blade edge is protected when stored in wallet or kit bag. Protective hilt appears when open
- Weighs 14g; size 8.8 x 9.5cm; limited lifetime warranty.
- No matter whether you rely on your right or left hand to grab and handle, its innumerable tools within an ergonomic handle that's symmetrically flat on both sides to suit both righties and lefties.
- Package include: 10 pack
Looking for a true knife to keep handy just in case? How about 10? The Garberiel credit card knife comes in handy when you find yourself in a pinch. The blade is made of stainless steel with a polypropylene handle and body.
When you put it in your wallet, the blade edge is fully covered and protected ensuring that it won’t cut anything. However when you take it out and assemble it, the blade is quite formidable. Consider this tool a great option if you want to keep a blade with you at all times, but don’t want to sacrifice your pocket space with an EDC knife.
Pros and Cons of Credit Card Multi Tools
Pros of Credit Card Tools
Having a handy tool with you at all times can be very valuable at times when you least expect it. You never know when you may find yourself in need of a sharp blade, screwdriver, bottle opener, or even fishing tools!
With their small size, these tools easily fit into your wallet – which you will probably have with your EDC anyways! The added benefit of having more than credit cards when something comes up is incredibly valuable.
While a full-sized knife or multi tool are obviously stronger and more useful, not everyone wants to carry these tools with them every day! Consider a credit card multi tool as an insurance policy in case something comes up.
Cons of Credit Card Tools
Overall the advantages of a credit card tool far outweigh the disadvantages. They are discrete and very useful when you find yourself in a pinch.
These tools can be very useful at times, but its also worth noting again that they are not replacements for a full tang Bowie Knife or Gerber Multitool. Some are more for one time uses (Buspoll Survival Card or the Garberiel Credit Card Knife), while the others will stand the test of time.
Since nearly all of these tools are solid metal – they will go off on a metal detector and more places will consider them as knives or weapons. Don’t count on being able to get these through TSA or in your local city county building with a multi tool in your wallet!